How to Find the Right MAC Program

By: Payton Coats

Hey Wolfpack friends! I cannot believe we are already halfway through our first semester of the MAC program. Looking back to this time last year, I was searching and applying to different MAC programs across the state. Looking at where I am now compared to where I was then is huge, and I have grown so much. 

Finding the right MAC program can be stressful. You look at your life in undergrad and likely see the great fit your college or university is for you. Being that I completed my undergrad at Meredith College, I was bound to find a new home to further my education since they do not have a Master of Accounting program. One would think that NC State is the obvious choice since it is right next door to Meredith, but weighing your options is critical. Looking for aspects within a program that best suit your learning style and expectations is important to consider.  

Once you have narrowed down your options begin applying early! Having time to correct and perfect your applications will give you confidence. Do not be scared to be yourself in your application. Being open and vulnerable in your essays allow reviewers to gain an understanding of you and your fit within a program. It is important to apply to places you find yourself a match. Don’t fear rejection because it just means that school was not meant to be. 

Once you have done your research and applied to your desired programs, all you can do is wait. It is easier said than done but trust the process. Trust what you have done leading up to this point and realize that it has gotten you to an incredible spot in your academic career. 

This nerve-wracking process of applying to MAC programs is something I will never forget. It is intimidating to imagine your future especially with an abundance of change but learning to embrace it is still something I remind myself of every day. Like I said before, trust the process and believe in yourself because you can do it! I really do believe that, because I know if I can do it, so can you. 

Go Pack! 

More From Master of Accounting (MAC) Program