My Experiences at State and Why I Stayed For the MAC Program

Author: Elizabeth

A Little Bit About Me

Hey everyone! I’m Elizabeth Davis and I am just starting the Master of Accounting program at NC State. I graduated with my undergraduate degree at NC State and have a deep love for the Wolfpack! I am really excited to be blogging and tweeting this year about my experiences. I am from Greenville, NC which is an hour and a half away from Raleigh and also the Atlantic Ocean.

Because of this, I have always been a beach bum and absolutely love outdoor activities. In my free time I love to read, workout, spend time with friends, participate in various outdoor things (hiking, disc golf, sunbathing, and swimming) and take Zumba group fitness classes (my favorite workout!).

My Experiences at NC State and why I wanted to Stay For the MAC Program

I decided to stay one more year at NC State to do the MAC Program! You will always see me at almost all football and basketball games cheering for the Wolfpack. At NC State, I have had the opportunity to participate in so many things including: a study abroad experience, the Scholars Program, College of Management Peer Leaders, leading an Alternative Service Break trip to Mexico, and participating in Beta Alpha Psi (the accounting fraternity).

While all these things drew me in to NC State, the opportunities, accessibility, and helpfulness of the MAC Program is what kept me in. The professors in the program are all excellent and have real world experience to back up their teaching. The staff’s main goal is to assist students in job placement and passing the CPA exam (we have high rates in job placement and CPA pass rates!). In addition, the program provides all the tools to prepare students for work life after graduation.. I genuinely believe that you can’t find anything better than this program.

What I’ll Share with You This Semester

This school year I will be blogging and tweeting about the MAC recruitment process and MAC student life. I would love to answer any questions you have! I hope this blog is informative, interesting, and gives you a behind the scenes look at what goes on in the MAC program!

Feel free to leave a comment, ask questions, and follow my experience as a student on the MAC Twitter page!

More From Master of Accounting (MAC) Program