Hello I’m Michael

Author: Michael

Hello I'm Michael

Hello all and welcome to the official blog for the Jenkins Master of Accounting Program at the NC State Poole College of Management. My name is Michael and I’ll be sharing some of my experiences as a current MAC Program student. In upcoming blog posts I’ll be discussing items such as student life, work load and recruiting but for now I just wanted to introduce myself.

Born and raised in the great state of North Carolina, I am quite familiar with the Raleigh area. My father, mother, brother and sister all attended NC State, so it was a no brainer when it came time to decide where I would like to spend the next four years of my life!

After graduating in December 2014, I took a position as an internal auditor at the North Carolina Department of Commerce. I had been offered the position from an internal audit practicum I had taken while obtaining my undergraduate degree here at Poole College. The faculty had been such an amazing resource when I was an undergrad student; there was no question where I was going to enroll when it came down to choosing a graduate program!

I was lucky enough to have had the time to take two MAC classes during the summer before school officially started for my MAC program. I highly recommend that, as will others that you talk with. I could tell by the time that I had completed those classes that I was going to be in for a long year in the MAC program. But, with the amount of work and hours spent roaming the halls of Nelson during the summer months, fellow students in the program have already become like family.

Through my blog posts this year, I will be providing additional insight into the MAC Program as well as into other responsibilities that I have taken on here, such as being president of the MAC Student Organization, being a teacher’s assistant, and going through the long journey of recruiting.

I’m looking forward to sharing my thoughts about the program, student life and recruiting with you all! Together with Melissa Blackman, my fellow MAC student and blogger, we will be writing about our experiences on and off campus. We invite you to follow us as we go through arguably the most important journey of our lives.

More From Master of Accounting (MAC) Program