Welcome Back!

Author: Jared

Welcome Back!

First things first: Welcome Back! It has been quite some time since I have written, and I hope you have all had a great holiday and enjoyed some time off from school.

We have gotten off to a swift start here in the MAC Program at N.C. State. Many students have taken or are in the process of studying for the BEC portion of the CPA Exam, classes are in full swing, and ACC Basketball is upon us! (I can already taste March Madness).

I’ve gotten the privilege of meeting several of you at some of the MAC for a Day functions that we’ve had in the last few months, which has been a really neat opportunity. Hopefully all of you have realized how incredible this program is and are turning in those applications and interviewing (the February 1st deadline is quickly approaching!). I will tell you, though, you won’t really understand the upside of this program until you actually get into classes and start rubbing shoulders with some really smart and talented peers and begin learning under the tutelage of some of the most accomplished professors in the country. To be getting an advanced degree of any kind is truly a privilege for which we all should be thankful, but to be in a program of this quality really drives home that point.

The really cool thing about the beginning of this semester is the different feel of what’s happening here in Nelson Hall. The fact that we all know each other has already contributed to a comfort level that translates into livelier class discussions, easier connections within groups, and, quite honestly, more fun altogether. Although we are all very busy with school and CPA exam preparation and just life in general, it is clear to me that I wouldn’t trade this experience. Working toward a master’s degree is not easy, and there are going to be times when you wonder if it’s worth it. I’ve wondered that more than once. But I can say unequivocally that the answer to that question is a resounding “Yes!”

So, keep pushing through your last semester, keep working hard and dreaming harder, and please do come to N.C. State. Don’t pass up the opportunity to enter the profession with knowledge and experiences and relationships that are completely unique to this institution. You are going to learn how to learn here. Is there any more valuable skill?

Thanks for reading! Please don’t hesitate to leave any comments or questions!

More From Master of Accounting (MAC) Program